Investor Readiness Training
21 & 28 May 2012 - SETsquared Bristol
13 & 14 June 2012 - SETsquared Exeter
11 &12 July 2012 - SETsquared Surrey
The purpose of this two day event is to help you prepare to get investment from Business Angels, Venture Capitalists , corporates, and Banks.Remember- even if you’re not looking for investment now this will be just as valuable, as an investment ready business is a much stronger business than one that is not investment ready!
Getting funds from Angels, Venture Capitalists or any other investor is a sales process and the seminar will take you through the investment journeywith the following learning outcomes:
- Understand what an investment is in the eyes of an investor
- What investors are and what they are looking for
- How to get to investors and how they operate
- Preparing the resources required including the Information Memorandum, Business Plan, and Full Pitch
- The stages of the process including research, the approach, and the pitch through to due diligence, the contact and post investment investor management
- The legal and contractual pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Preparing for and managing the Due Diligence process
- Practise and perfect their investment pitch in front of seminar members and visiting investors.
The two day programme will include presentations from a number of external contributors including investors and nationally recognised experts in their fields and includes lunch.
Free of Charge Place available only for SETsquared companies.
For more information about the course objectives and to reserve your place please contact
Sarah Gargano (SETsquared Bristol)
Simon Scott (SETsquared Bath)
Joe Pearce (SETsquared Exeter)
Charlotte Goff (SETsquared Surrey)
The training is led by Ben Partridge, EiR at SETsquared Surrey.