Become a SETsquared member
Even the very best technology ideas need nurturing, support and expertise in order to become a profitable business. The likes of Microsoft and Apple didn’t become successful overnight. With most thriving companies you rarely hear about the months and years of hard work behind the scenes.
This is where SETsquared comes in. With a business incubation centre attached to each of our partner universities - Bath, Bristol, Exeter, Southampton and Surrey - SETsquared has helped nurture the very best technology companies in the South of England from initial idea through to commercialisation to global organisation in some cases. 80% of the businesses supported at our centres are from the wider business community, with the remaining 20% originating from the University base.
Over the last 10 years, SETsquared has supported over 1,000 companies, helping them raise over £1 billion investment and finance. Many of these companies have gone on to create a significant number of high-tech jobs and are exporting across the globe. Companies supported by SETsquared have 90% survival rate, which is way above the national average. Read our company case studies.
When it comes to business support, one size definitely doesn’t fit all. Every technology start-up is different, so SETsquared customise the approach with each company, creating a bespoke package of business and investment support plus the opportunity to access flexible office space. You can find out more about our tailored approach in this section of the website.