Opportunity for investors – twenty investment-ready high growth ventures from a wide range of sectors
Twenty exciting, new high tech investment opportunities have been confirmed for the SETsquared Partnership’s 9th annual Investment Showcase on Thursday 18th October. Spanning a diverse range of sectors including energy generation, farming, enterprise software, clean technology, mobile apps and e-commerce, this year’s line-up of companies is better than ever.
The businesses are pitching for investment of between £250,000 and £5 million each from venture capitalists, angel investors and wealthy individuals. Over the past eight years participants have raised over £120 million in investment.
The Investment Showcase, held at One Great George Street, London, starts at 8am with an informal breakfast. The event includes ten minute investor pitches from eight of the companies attending. All twenty companies have exhibition stands that will be open throughout the morning, to allow potential investors to engage in direct discussions with them. Professor Sir Steve Smith, Vice-Chancellor and Chief Executive, University of Exeter will also be speaking at the event.
The eight companies making presentations are
- Energy from biomass company Antaco
- Mobile audiobook streaming service Bardowl
- Cow health monitoring company eCow
- Online buyer and supplier matching service Findsyou
- Real-time business intelligence developer Ikle
- Messaging service creator Mindings
- Data analysis software company Sibdocity
- Self-healing web hosting platform
A full list of the twenty showcasing companies with details of their technologies is at the end of this press release.
“Now in its ninth year, the Investment Showcase has provide some great deals for investors as the support SETsquared provides for the companies ensures they are credible propositions,” said Graham Harrison, partnership director at the SETsquared Partnership. “SETsquared has a decade-long track record of successfully supporting start-ups and spin-outs, with an industry-beating average 90% survival rate.”
If you are an investor and would like to attend please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44(0)1483 318031. If you are a journalist and would like to attend the Investment Showcase event, please contact Nick Daines at Lumen PR: email@example.com, 0115 8412109.
Companies at the Investment Showcase:
- Annotag: Video indexing and virtual events technology that enables users to intelligently record, tag, search and share live or pre-recorded content. www.annotag.co.uk
- Antaco: Cost effective, sustainable, carbon efficient process to create high heat value coal replacement from biomass.
- AppCast: Internal communications channel for companies, based on cloud-based administrative suite and app for employees’ mobile devices.
- Bardowl: Mobile service streaming audiobooks from major publishers to smartphones or tablets. www.bardowl.com
- Bioinduction: Neuromodulation devices for Parkinson’s disease and other chronic neurological disorders. www.bioinduction.com
- Cognisess: Enterprise ‘Talent Intelligence’ platform enabling companies to identify, recruit, manage and improve their human capital. www.cognisess.com
- CrisisVu: Unique and game-changing online monitoring tool – presenting online conversations in a visually intuitive, real-time mindmap to deliver exceptional clarity. www.crisivu.com
- eCow: Cow health monitoring for the dairy industry with real time wireless data feedback, helping to improve animal welfare and profits for farmers. www.ecow.co.uk
- Findsyou: Online service to match buyers and suppliers; a new take on search and classifieds initially trialled in car market as www.findsyoucars.com. www.findsyou.com
- Hybrid Logic: Self-healing web hosting platform to improve reliability for the cloud and web hosting industry. www.hybrid-cluster.com
- Ikle: Real-time business intelligence for professional and financial services. www.ikle.co
- Mindings: Service to enable people to send personal, captioned photos, text, reminders and more from their mobile phone to a digital display – Facebook for the technology-shy! www.mindings.com
- MrMash Ltd: Interactive video platform that allows users to create personal areas within videos and share via social media. www.murdge.com
- Paralant: Development tools for high performance and power efficient applications on smart-phones, tablets, desktops and cloud computers. www.paralant.com
- Red Skies Technology: Location based service that provides an e-ticketing/travel card system with tracking ability for informal urban transport operators in developing countries. www.redskiestechnology.co.uk
- SEaB Energy: Portable device which converts organic waste to electricity, heat and fertiliser using a simple biological process. www.seabenergy.com
- Sibdocity: Integrated data analysis helping companies to easily analyse, share and trace data across multiple sources. www.sibdocity.com
- Somnium: Disruptive solutions for ARM based embedded software development. www.somniumtech.com
- Triggered Messaging: Helps online retailers increase online sales with real-time behavioural communication and reduced cart-abandonment. www.triggeredmessaging.com
- Venture Photonics: High-speed optical data switching for the internet, telecoms networks, large data networks and supercomputers. www.venturephotonics.com